I have awoken from my winter’s sleep and am now preparing to gear up for another season in the breech. Another season of stressed Landscape Contractors, Customers with unrealistic desires and expectations, and suppliers who mostly seem to be a day late and a dollar short . . . don’t you just love it?
So, where does the gearing up start?
Why the CENTS show in Columbus-of course! Where every landscape truck for hundreds of miles around shows up near the Columbus Converntion Center.
Contractors, Designers, Nurserymen, Educators Growers, Retailers all under one big happy roof. All here to further advance their businesses, their careers, their lives.
A three day mad-cap of Seminars, Exhibitions, and most importantly-networking.
It wouldn’t be the CENTS Show without lots of good networking, this networking comes in all shapes and sizes, and runs from very early in the morning to(sometimes) very late in the evening-very late in the evening. Not that I would know anything about the late, late stuff. Apparently it happens.
I am planning on doing some Blogging from the show. The posts could be from seminars or possibly; the trade show floor, it depends on the wireless set-up over in the Convention Center. If not I will post at minimum every evening to give some feedback on the days events.
So . . . saddle up . . .. here we go.
Addendum: It’s been a quiet time away from the Blog and business, a time to recharge the batteries, to rest up, and heal up. I look forward to the coming season and the challenges ahead for 2008. A few thoughts . . .
- I am not one to see grief, despair or problems in the economy . . . I see potential, challenges, and opportunity.
- I have stayed away from the Blog to look for other ideas, topics, thoughts, etc. I enjoy writing here and sharing my thoughts on the industry, and most importantly on the work that I do and how I do it. I will continue to pass all that and more along.
- If there is a specific topic, or area of our field you wish to talk about leave a comment here or pass along a e-mail and we’ll take a look.
- I have not answered e-mail or comments for several weeks now-so look ahead to later in the week for me to respond. I’ll be back home on Thursday after a side trip from the CENTS Show, to begin answering mail and comments, thanks for your interest and questions.
- I hope everyone’s holidays went well, and that the New Year came in smiling with enthusiasm and opportunity headed your way.
The hibernation is over . . . time to get to work.