Seminars, Workshops, Lectures
I have received numerous national commissions to speak on a wide range of topics; landscape design, construction, ponds, waterfalls, stone, stone placement, philosophy, business practices, creativity, motivation, and the looking at the natural world.
It’s not 100% but it’ll give you a good idea of what I’ve done if you’re looking for a pseaker or workshop presenter. Some of the locations and organizations include.
- C.E.N.T.S. Show 01/25-01/09 Ohio State short course(s). 3 Hour workshop: Stone the Entire Process, and 1 hour lecture on 1/26: Designing the High-End Landscape.
- ANLA: Management Clinic, Louisville, KY. 01/31-02/03/2007 Changes in the Landscape World-A Provocateurs Perspective.
- PLNA Advanced Design:-Rendering the Designed Image State College, PA. 02/7-9/06. 2006 PNLA Conference.
- PLNA: Recreating Nature in Water and Stone State College, PA. 02/7-9/06 The Dynamics of Design: I, II, III State College, PA. 02/7-9/06
- Stone Expo 2005, Las Vegas, NV. 10/19-22/05. “Profiting with Building Stone“.
- The Stone Foundation: annual symposium, 10/05 Naturalistic Stone and Water”
- ANLA, American Nursery and Landscape Assoc., Mgmt. Clinic-Louisville, KY, 2004, A Critical Look at Stone and Water”.
- International Pool and Spa Expo, New Orleans, Louisiana, 11/2003, Half-day workshop, “A Collaborative Approach With Landscape Designers”.
- Spring and Summer series of hour-long presentations for Mulhall’s Nursery and Garden Center. Through 2001.
- Midlands Master Gardeners Association – Spring Symposium 2000 at The Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Garden entitled “The Sounds of Water”.
- APLD, several dates and location. Pushing the Design Envelope”, a WCI and APLD collaboration, a four-city tour on expanding the designer’s skills and abilities in residential landscape design.
- American Nursery and Landscape Assoc. ANLA Mgmt. Clinic-Louisville, KY, 1995, “Stone Techniques”.
- Zimmerman Lecture Series; Chicago Botanical Garden, “Stone”.
- Cleveland Botanical Garden; “Landscape Design”.
- AHS, American Horticultural Society, Children’s Garden Symposium. WCI – Philosophy of Design Conference 1997, “Creativity”.
- WCI – Philosophy of Design Forum, 1998, “Our relationship with the Land”.
- WCI-Philosophy of Design Forum 1999, “Water”.
- Southeastern Landscape Designers Symposium. Day long workshops on various topics including symbiotic relationships, client-designer interaction, creating positive emotional results, value of design, new directions in hardscape design, water-more than you think.
- Other WCI seminar topics have included gardening renaissance, Feng Shui, creating harmony through garden design, landscape graphics workshops, advanced design theory, designing and installing the home landscape, how to sell it, conflict management, and landscape design in the next millennium.